Saturday, December 26, 2009

Pre - Christmas Blizzard hits the Vineyard












A rare, pre - Christmas snowstorm blanketed the Island last Sunday. We were not as hard hit as some places, such as New Bedford (24").  I measured 15" on my outside porch. Late Sunday afternoon, once the heavy snow abated, and my good friend Howard Wall plowed us out (we live down a long and winding half mile road), I scoured our whited - out landcscape for photo ops, with the Vineyard Calendar 2011(!) in mind. Since Edgartown was all lit up with seasonal decorations, I checked that out first. I headed home around 8:00, with the notion to get up early the next day to "do" Oak Bluffs. Al in all, I got some nice captures, maybe some that are worthy of calendar consideration. If you have a favorite one or two, please feel free to let me know which one(s) by emailing me at: peter@petersimon.com. Happy Holy Daze!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter, happy holidays to you.

    #1 fav - Corbin-Norton house
    #2 fav - Campground

    I also like that funky picture below the Corbin/Norton house.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete